theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Catching Liam - Sophia Bleu I know I probably don’t mention it enough, but I really do love new adult. Probably because I am exactly the age of the characters in it. Anywayyyy, what I really love about this book is that it broke the mold of most new adult books I have read. It was beyond refreshing.Jillian is not interested in relationships. She doesn’t do them and she never will, and she has her reasons. But when Liam sticks around the next morning to make her waffles, he starts getting under her skin. And damn it, he won’t go away. Although he seems to be sticking around, Jillian can’t seem to keep him at a distance like she always does. But their relationship has an expiration date and there is a secret Jillian is keeping. Can she finally learn how to trust Liam before it is too late?Jillian took some getting used to as a character. She is really standoffish to Liam and to pretty much everyone who she is not close with. And trust me, there were a lot of people who fell into that category. But when you figure out her reason, it’s totally understandable. She deals like she knows how, and that’s that. I’m glad Liam broke her out of her shell.Which brings me to Liam. Because of him, I will never look at waffles in the same way again. Seriously, this guy is a gorgeous Scottish boy who doesn’t have a bad bone in his body. He’s sweet and does anything that Jillian needs. He was persistent even when Jillian seemed to not want anything to do with him. I kinda really love that in a guy. Also, Liam told me why Scottish men wear kilts. ;) Trust me, you wanna find out.I love the secondary characters! For the most part at least. Jess and Cassie were freakin’ wonderful best friends. What they did for Jillian was just so great and I wish I had such dedicated friends. I really dislike Jillian’s mother for most of the book. She was up and then she was down but if I was a mother, I wouldn’t want to go through what she did. So I kind of feel for her.At first, from reading the synopsis, I thought this would be a light, breezy summer read. But as I got more into it, I realized there was much depth to it and I was really pleasantly surprised. It was great. As for the romance, their relationship starts off a little unconventional to say the least. But as it progresses, I was again surprised by the route it took. It was steamy and it was sweet and it was everything I love in a romance.If you’re looking for an amazing new adult book that strays away from the norm, please pick this one up. You’ll not be disappointed. Liam will make sure of it!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: He pushed my hair aside and gripped my chin, bringing my lips to meet his. The kiss was soft and deep, slipping into something serious. His hands didn’t waver. Instead, he held my face and my belly with gentle strength, forcing me to focus on the press of our lips. His tongue brushed the back of my teeth, and I nipped at it, causing him to growl slowly and shift his body, but he didn’t bring it into closer contact with mine.Rating: 4/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)