theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

The Summer I Became a Nerd

The Summer I Became a Nerd - Leah Rae Miller A review copy was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.If you are looking for a wonderful summertime read, this book is absolutely perfect. I adored absolutely everything about this book, and I’m sure you will too.Madelyne Summers is an all-American girl. She is very popular in school, has a lot of friends, and is a cheerleader. But deep inside, she is a flat-out major nerd, but she can’t show it to anyone in fear that she’ll be made fun of. Over the summer, she gets to really know Logan and immerse herself in the world of nerd awesomeness. But can she let go of all her insecurities and just be herself before she loses Logan forever?Maddie was a really great heroine when she was totally being herself. I loved when she was with Logan but didn’t really like when she was pretending to be someone that she is not. I thought it was so great how she has had a crush on Logan for a while when her true self was in hiding. I loved her development throughout the book, starting with a girl who disguised herself to walk into a comic store to a girl who shouts out her feelings for a nerd. In public. It was a great transition, and she ended up who she was on the inside on the outside.Logan is the most adorkablest guy in the whole planet. I seriously want my own. He’s the epitome of sweetness and cuteness wrapped into one delicious package. He’s on the soccer team but is a total nerd like Maddie. He’s really sure of himself and who he is, and he helps Maddie realize that it’s definitely okay to be a nerd on the outside. But oh my word. I swooned hard over Logan. Logan the good boy for the win!Dan, Logan’s best friend, is the comedian of this book. He may be hilarious, but he as a freakishly deep side which was really helpful to Maddie. I loved Logan’s family too, especially his mom. Eric, Maddie’s boyfriend, I could have done without. He represented everything that Maddie was on the outside. Superficial. Terra, Maddie’s best friend, was pretty shallow and really annoying at the beginning, but she redeemed herself at the end.The plot was amazing. I read it in one sitting, which is surprisingly hard in college to find the time. Miller’s writing was pure genius. Maddie’s POV was snarky and funny, and I just got her completely. All her insecurities were my insecurities. All her swooning over adorkable Logan was my swooning over adorkable Logan. Maddie and Logan have the cutest relationship ever. They bond together over their common love of nerdy things, and they have a solid friendship. It blossoms into something way more. They seriously had the cutest moments together. Just read and you’ll see. :)If you can’t tell by my glowing review, I definitely recommend this book for everyone. I read it just in time for summer, even though I’m already a nerd. Enjoy!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: Despite the heat, a shiver runs across my neck. I turn and lean into him. He plants his lips firmly against mine and wraps his arms around me, pulling me to him. We stay like that for a very long time. I run my hands through his already messy hair. His hands drift up my back, and I don’t care that the itchy fabric of my cheerleader top is scratching my skin even more, because he’s the reason. He’s the reason for a lot of things these days.Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)