theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)

By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2) - Lyla Payne When I first read Lyla’s debut, Broken at Love, I was struck at how different it was from other NA novels. Bad boy meets good girl with a twist. This companion novel was equally as great to me, and I loved how it featured a good ‘ole good boy!Ruby Cotton’s family comes from new money and she attends a school full of students from old money. After being burned her freshman year, she carefully guards her heart from everyone. When she starts a man rating website, Cole Stuart is continuously ranked low, and since Ruby keeps running into the Scottish charmer, she’s determined to find out the reason behind the low ratings. After she finds out his secret, Ruby needs to decide if Cole is worth all the trouble after all.Ruby Cotton, whose name I love by the way, was a really insecure girl when she really didn’t need to be. She was pretty and funny, and it must’ve been horrible for her to go through what she did just because she was not ‘old money.’ It made me so mad because basically her whole school was stuck up preps. I really loved her unfiltered mouth and she really wasn’t shy to say or do anything.Cole was the sweetest good boy ever and he is SCOTTISH which makes him 10 times hotter. He made some mistakes when he was a bit younger, but they changed him for the better. I adored how shy he was with Ruby, which was a nice change from the playas that are normally showcased in new adult books. Cole was always good in a sticky situation, and I loved how he appreciated where Ruby came from and how it made her into the girl she was today.I am loving the companion novel trend because it always has cameos of couples from the previous books. It’s nice to see how the couples are through others eyes, and I was glad we got to see Quinn and Emilie and their happy honeymoon stage bliss. I was also big fans of Cole’s whole family. The parents and his siblings, despite their wealth, were really supportive of Ruby.I actually really enjoyed the plot. I thought it was a perfect mix of drama and romance and steaminess. I’m glad the romance was not insta-love but insta-attraction. Ruby thought Cole was gorgeous (because he was!!) but she hated that she was attracted to him. I don’t like when people keep secrets, especially when it’s much easier to tell than not to tell. But oh well, I got over it. Cole’s hotness helped. In the end, I’m so glad that Ruby found her unicorn. :)I wonder/hope there is another Whitman University novel. I can definitely go for a book about one of Cole’s super hot brothers!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: I got to work, unbuttoning his shirt and checking his face every couple of seconds. It dropped off his shoulders and I hooked my fingers under the hem of his undershirt, letting my nails trail up his chest until it landed on the floor, too. His impossibly perfect upper body pushed my desire to places I didn’t know existed. I pushed up on my toes, hands exploring every inch of rock solid muscle, and kissed him.Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)