theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Hover (The Taking, #2)

Hover (The Taking, #2) - Melissa  West This book was received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.I’m not a sci-fi geek. I don’t really like Star Wars and things like that. Weird, I know. But this series is so good, it makes me change my mind.Ari Alexander is a firecracker. Not afraid to speak her mind, her mouth can get her into some trouble, but I really admired that about her. She’s also extremely stubborn but that stubbornness is so important in protecting the ones she loves. She’s quick with a gun and very vengeful. She’s very passionate in everything she does, and that’s the biggest reason I think she’s a greatttt heroine.Jackson is really just a sweetheart. He cares so much for Ari and that’s evident in everything he does. He’s patient when Ari is being ridiculously stubborn. He, like Ari, is a total badass and is so strong when faced against so much adversity. I love how he loves his grandma and is willing to do anything to save her from a horrible fate. He’s most definitely on my book boyfriends list.In Hover, we saw much more of Zeus’s villainous ways. I would like to kill the guy myself if I had the skills Ari has. I was happy we got to see the characters that I loved from Gravity, such as Gretchen. I have reservations about Law, especially at the end. I did loveeeee getting to know Mami and Emmy though. Their love for Jackson and Ari was clear and they were very instrumental in many things. So vague, I know. Don’t wanna spoil anyone!My favorite thing about this series is the setting. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever read before but I can feel it so vividly when I read. If Loge wasn’t run by crazy Zeus, I’d like to live there. And be a badass like every Ancient. After Gravity, Ari had a hard time trusting Jackson, which I could totally see at first. But her stubbornness was unrelenting for a bit, and I was so dang happy when she finally trusted him again. And let me say…there is some major swoonage in this book. Trust me.All in all, I may not be a hardcore sci-fi person, but I really like this series. And Jackson. Jackson…Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: And then in one move he cups my face with his hands and sits us up, crushing his lips onto mine. I pull him still closer, wanting my body as fixed to his as possible, finding strength in his powerful arms and the sureness of his kiss, as though he was always here, waiting for this moment. He eases me down onto the bed and lies half over me, never letting his lips leave mine. A small tear leaks from my eye and I realize that for the first time since arriving here, I feel like I’m coming home.Rating: 4/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)