theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Throne of Glass

The Assassin and the Princess - Sarah J. Maas AHHHHH!!!! What can I say about this book, other than that it had everything a fantasy book should have.It was set in a otherworldy place, with autonomous kings, faeries hidden in forests, and dashing princes and soliders. Celaena is an assassin, a very good one at that, and she has been sentenced to a life term in Endovier, a prison labor camp. When Prince Dorian summons her to participate in a competition to become Adarlan’s assassin, she immediately jumps at the chance because of the prize. If she wins, she works for the king for 3 years and then earns what Celaena has always wanted: freedom. Celaena has to fight against huge brutes who would like nothing more than to see her fail. There is also something magical and dangerous stirring within the castle grounds, and she must use her wits and assassin talent to survive this competition.I really loved Celaena as a heroine. People often mistake her for having no feelings or hobbies just because of her profession. She also completely kicks ass when she has to deal with anyone who gives her hell. She definitely has a soft side to her beneath her hard exterior, which only few people get to see. I adored Prince Dorian! I think he is super sweet, and he definitely surprises Celaena with his attitude towards being a prince and his father’s rule. A quieter character, Choal Westfall, is equally as amiable. He is especially attuned to Celaena and how she acts. I really enjoyed Nehemia as a character, because she allows Celaena to have a friend that she has always been denied. I hated Kaltain! She is horrible and needs to grow up! She’s like that girl who never gives up a guy, no matter how uninterested he is!I loved the plot because there was a great mix of action, mystery, and romance! The plot is full of twists and turns, and the multiple focuses on different characters allow for some insight in all the characters, which I really liked. The romance is by no means overpowering, and I cannot wait to see how it turns out in book 2. I also am interested in how Celaena’s past plays into the next book; it’s definitely been cryptic.GO READ THIS BOOK! You won’t regret it. Then go catch next book, out sometime in 2013.Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com!