theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky - I clearly was late getting into the Under the Never Sky fan-base, and boy, was that a mistake! This was such a great dystopian book, filled with an interesting new world, amazing characters, and a beyond sweet romance.Aria has been wrongly exiled from the Reverie, the seemingly perfect city where she is safe and protected. On the Outside, Aria is lost and very terrified for her life. She meets Perry, and Outsider, who becomes her lifeline and guide in the terrifying new world. Perry needs Aria’s help too, and together they begin to trust each other, and eventually fall for each other, despite their many differences. They may be on separate journeys that converge in ways not thought possible, and their success is greater than themselves.Aria has lived a very sheltered life inside the Reverie. Despite this, when on the Outside, she transformed into something so different and great. She went through so many changes that I couldn’t fathom going through. She didn’t let her obstacles get her down, even when everything seemed to be going wrong. She has to rely on Perry for protection at the beginning, but she was determined to learn to protect herself. She ended up a total bad-ass, and I totally wanna be like her.Perry, my Peregrine. Be still my heart! This guy is awesome. As an Outsider, he is very formidable and huge. But seriously, this guy is really rugged but so, so sexy. He is skilled, being able to sense feelings and emotions, and he is even better than most Outsiders. Despite his rough exterior, he has a really kind heart, which is evident in his kind treatment of his adorable nephew. He is a wonderful protector and a great friend. After this book, he was quickly added to my book boyfriend list.I loved the two strong protagonists, but Rossi’s secondary characters do not suffer at all. Possibly my favorite character was Roar, Perry’s best friend. First of all, I adore his name, and second of all, he is so funny but really unlike Perry. They may be so different, but they are perfect in their own ways. Roar is in love with Perry’s sister Liv, and I am looking forward to more of their story in book 2. Talon, Perry’s nephew, was just too cute, and I want a happy ending for him so badly! Perry’s brother, Vale, I didn’t really like. I understand and appreciate all he did for his son, but he was a total jerk to my man Perry.I was intrigued by this book from the first paragraph. The plot was never boring and had a perfect balance of action scenes and tender scenes. I loved the world that Rossi built, and I kept itching to find out even more. Rossi’s writing is a masterpiece. Her imagery was spectacular, and I could picture all the scenes playing out in my mind. The romance was played out so amazingly. It was a romance built on friendship, and it developed very naturally and realistically, which is my favorite. At the beginning, Perry was very wary of and intrigued by Aria because she represented all that he dislikes. They both came from very different worlds, but they managed to thrive on their differences to really make themselves better.I have held off buying Through the Ever Night until Wednesday when I get to meet Veronica Rossi! I am so excited, and I am pretty sure I will be fangirling over this amazing series. If you haven’t checked this one out yet, your life would improve greatly when you do. :)Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: Aria rolled up onto her toes. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. The soft warmth of his mouth sent a wave of fire through her. Perry froze, then his arms tightened around her ribs as he deepened their kiss. They molded together, fitted against each other with stunning perfection. Aria had never felt as she did now, exploring the taste of him. Feeling the strength of his arms around her. Inhaling sweat and leather and woodsmoke.Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)