theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Something Strange and Deadly

Something Strange and Deadly - I read this book a while ago during summer, and I just had to review it. It is just that amazing.Eleanor Fitt has to deal with the disappearance of her brother and the fact that the Dead are roaming around in Philadelphia. THE DEAD! She goes to visit the Spirit-Hunters when a zombie gives a letter to her from her brother, worried that the Dead have her brother held captive. While being courted by a young and wealthy man, she must also discover the mystery behind her brother’s vanishing and address her brewing feelings for the Spirit-Hunter’s sexy inventor, Daniel. I loved Eleanor! She was feisty and was definitely not afraid to take charge when her help was needed. She was very strong and thankfully did not conform to society’s standards. She was like a breath of fresh air and a nice change from some other YA heroines. Daniel was equally as amazing. He is really smart, although mysterious with a past he’d rather not bring up. Not to mention he’s adorable, with his cute sandy brown hair and his cap.I really enjoyed Joseph, the leader of the Spirit-Hunters, and Jie, the other member. They are loyal to ridding the city of the Dead, although they are not appreciated throughout Philadelphia. I even liked Clarence, the man courting Eleanor. He might have had a past where he made bad decisions, at least now he was making up for it. I did not like Eleanor’s mother at all. Who cares about making a wonderful showing to impress families who dumped them long ago?! It’s completely idiotic. She was not even grateful to Daniel when he brought Eleanor home MULTIPLE times when she was hurt. Ugh. Rant over. Oh well. Maybe she won’t be in book 2 as much. We can only hope.Eleanor and Daniel’s relationship started off rocky, with Eleanor ruining Daniel’s hard-fought grave dirt. He called her ‘Empress’, which I thought was funny. They eventually moved past the friendly bickering to Daniel trusting Eleanor to help with missions and research, which is definitely a big step for him. I could tell they really cared for and loved each other, despite the damned reluctance on one party’s part. (Don’t wanna say whose!) I can’t wait to read book 2 to figure out what happens!The plot was fast paced and entertaining as hell, which a good mix of funny one-liners and action scenes. I was not bored for one second when I was reading. Dennard left readers craving more when it was over.Book 2, Something Strange and Lovely, comes out July 23rd, 2013! I want to pull my hair out while waiting. It’s unfair. The amazingbeautifulstunningawesome cover was revealed last week, which makes me desireneedwanthavetohave the book even more.Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: His mouth reached mine, and in an instant I knew what the fascination with lips was all about. Even the gentlest touch-for that was all it was-sent my mind reeling and my heart racing. It was sweeter than I’d ever dreamed possible. His scent and his touch overwhelmed my brain, and I could think of nothing but Daniel.Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com!