theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Spellbound - Cara Lynn Shultz I always have the hardest time finding books about witches that I really like. This book is tied as my favorite witch series as Hex Hall. Complete with a swoony guy and a fearless heroine, this book and this author are rockstars.After tragedy strikes Emma’s family over and over again, she moves in with her aunt in the prestigious part of New York and starts attending an elite private school. There, she meets gorgeous Brendan who she is immediately attracted to but is wary of him when she seems to get different vibes from him. When they finally succumb to their attraction, will the past get in the way of any future they have?Emma was an amazing heroine. She’s a total badass when it comes to her family who she loves so much. She’s incredibly smart when it comes to finding out what’s going on and she doesn’t just sit back and relax and wait for bad things to happen to her. She’s proactive and such. She’s sarcastic and witty and I just really liked and connected to her.Ahhhh Brendan Salinger. Mr. One Minute I’m Hot And The Next I’m Cold. When he finally gets his act together, he is so very swoon-worthy and sweet. He is a great protector of Emma and kicks anyone’s butt who tries to hurt her. He’s like a momma bear protecting her cub. He’s also caring and smart like Emma, and they both work together to make their relationship last.Ashley, her adorable cousin, was a conundrum. At times, she was wise as Confucius and at other times, she was as dumb as a rock. I guess some things come with age. God Anthony is everything I hate in a guy. Crappy pick-up lines, overbearing behavior and stalker tendencies make this guy one of my most hated guys ever. He’s not exactly a villain, but he’s close to it.The writing was great. I loved the snarky oneliners that always came out of Emma’s mouth. Example: “If the spirit world wants to annoy me, couldn’t it just give me a wedgie or something?” I died laughing. These are rampant throughout the book without being way too much. Just a perfect amount. The romance is starcrossed to say the least. The amount of obstacles they have is kind of frightening but I have faith that they’ll pull through in Spellcaster!Check back on August 14th for my Authors are Rockstars tour post with Cara. It’ll be awesome!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: I tilted my head, parting my lips and allowing him to kiss me more deeply. I’d daydreamed about kissing Brendan plenty of times, but nothing could have prepared me fore the overwhelming intensity of this embrace. It was unlike any kiss I’d ever had before. The way his mouth moved against mine, the way his right arm stayed wrapped around me, holding me against him while he raked his other hand through my hair…it overloaded my senses and felt natural at the same time – like this was where I was supposed to be.Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)