theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Descendant - Nichole Giles A review copy was given to me by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.I love a book with a strong heroine, and this is exactly what Descendant had. Mixed with an adorable romance, I really enjoyed this one!Abby is one of the Gifted, having gifts of Sight and Healing. After a traumatic event that rocks her to her core, she moves to seemingly normal Jackson, Wyoming along with her mother. Soon after, she is thrust into the deep, dark work of the Gifted after she meets Kye, a beautiful, blue-eyed boy with who she connects with on a magical level. She flees with Kye at her side, trying to bring a balance back to the world before it can be destroyed.Abby is a really resilient girl. She has lived her whole life moving from place to place, trying to be normal when she is anything but. I admired her strength after realizing in such a short amount of time that she is supposed to basically save the world. It was such a shock to her, but she pushed through and pushed again. She always finds herself stuck between a rock and a hard place but manages to make the best decision for everyone involved.Kye, whose name I love by the way, is such a sweetheart. He risks it all for Abby, even when they seemed doomed from the start. He would go through great depths for her, and I was swooning hard whenever he spoke. He really has a way with words. :) He’d do absolutely anything for Abby, which I always say is the absolute most important trait in a guy.I love their group of Gifted friends as well. Rose, Jen, Val, and Akers are all super helpful to Abby and stay by her side no matter what. Kye’s dad, Eoin, is so sweet and a really great dad, even though he was absent for a lot of Kye’s life. Eric I won’t say much about since I don’t want to spoil anyone!The plot was extremely fast paced, and I was always struggling to catch up. One of my favorite parts of the book was learning about the Gifted history, especially the story about Raina and Theron. I craved every single detail I could about it, and I love how it tied in to the present day Gifted. The writing was really good, especially the flashbacks. As much as I loved Kye and Abby, I felt they were a bit insta-lovey. I know they had a really strong connection and all, but I just needed a bit more time to really get to know them as a couple before I felt comfortable with them dropping the L-bombs with each other. They did have really sweet kisses though!All in all, I so liked this book. It’s a never been done before take on magic and the like, and it’s definitely a fast read!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: My arms band around him, and my lips cut off his words. I kiss him until my heart feels like it could beat out of my chest and into his. Until we melt together like we’re one person, until the energy surrounding us turns a perfect, pale lavender that glows through my closed eyelids. Our lips and tongues tangle together in a war of submission, creating a taste sweeter than anything I’ve experienced and completely, uniquely ours.Rating: 3.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)