theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
A Matter of Fate - Heather Lyons When I saw the sign-ups for this tour, I knew I needed to sign up. This book was full of non-stop action, a really intense romance, and a very interesting premise.Chloe is a Magical, beings who have a wide range of special abilities. More importantly, she is the Creator, the only Magical who can create basically anything, including new worlds. She has her life planned out for her, no matter her greatest internal desires. The one thing that Chloe finds joy in is dreaming about a boy, a boy she’s been dreaming about her entire life. When her literal dream guy shows up in her math class, she is floored beyond belief. Along with Jonah Whitecomb comes his twin brother Kellan, whom she is very drawn to as well. Along with the Whitecombs and their Magical group of friends, Chloe must find out who or what is threatening their race’s existence.Chloe is very passionate in all aspects, from her own independence to her relationships, whether friendly or romantic. She throws herself into every situation and never holds back. I really liked that about her. She cares so much about her friends and hates when they are hurting. But, I really didn’t agree with some of her decisions, especially regarding the Whitecomb boys. But I guess it couldn’t have been helped.Lyons manages to make you fall in love with both Jonah and Kellan. On the outside, the twins are identical and totally gorgeous. But, on the inside, these boys are very different. Jonah is quieter and more reserved. Kellan is more outgoing in social situations. They both are beyond sweet and care so much for Chloe, and it’s just so easy to really connect with both of them.There were so many secondary characters that I had sometimes had trouble keeping track. Her group of Magical friends were a varied bunch, but I think my favorite was her friend Lizzie. Lizzie was really kind and headstrong in what she wanted. Karl, Chloe’s bodyguard was so amazing. He is strong, dedicated, and loves fiercely. He was always somehow protecting Chloe, whether it be protecting her physical self or her emotional self. I was not a fan of Chloe’s parents though. They thought Chloe should have one future and one future only and didn’t take into consideration what she wanted. I despise parents like that.The plot was so fast-paced I never had time to breathe. It was really exciting, and I loved the setting of the otherworldly Annar. It was vivid, and I felt like I was really there, experiencing all that they felt. I thought the way that the Magicals were portrayed was really cool. They have really cool powers, and it was an unique part of the story. The romance was definitely an interesting aspect of the story. Jonah is the guy of her dreams, but she’s most definitely attracted to Kellan too. I did not like how at least one person was always hurt. I think I am happy with the resolution of the romance, but I am not sure it’ll stay like that. We shall see!I will definitely be picking up the sequel to this, A Matter of Heart, which releases in June. If you’re looking for a truly unique take on the paranormal genre with a really intense romance, I’d definitely recommend this one.Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: I give myself over completely to the moment. I can’t focus on anything other than him and what he’s doing to me. He tastes so amazingly good. The way he kisses me is divine. I want him, in every way possible. And the things he does with his hands . . . It’s almost as if we literally can’t get enough of each other. I drop down onto the bed, pulling him with me. My hands snake up under his sweater, my fingers tracing patterns across his smooth skin. He shudders in a way that tells me he wants me just as much as I want him.Rating: 4/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)