theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Heart Waves - Danielle Sibarium This book was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.I received this book for a blog tour, and I loved it so much! It had a heroine unlike any I’ve ever read about, a completely sexy man, and a super unique story line.Jenna can sense private things from a person when she touches the intimate objects of that person. When she predicts that a very cute guy at a party will break her heart, she is immediately intrigued by Reece Walton. They have an instant connection, and although she is wary of her prediction, she can’t seem to stay away from him. After futile attempts to keep him at arms length, she eventually caves and the two embark on a full-on summer romance. They spend all their time together and as time passes, fall in love completely and fully. But Jenna can’t shake the fact that this relationship will end badly, and can she fully trust Reece?Jenna is a beyond headstrong heroine. She does not let anyone walk all over her in any capacity, and she is always cautious about trusting anyone she doesn’t know well. She holds grudges and really bites into people who are on her bad side. Frankly, sometimes, she can be an unpleasant person. But when she relaxes and learns to trust, she loves fully. At times, I felt she could be rash and not think things through, but faults always make someone human and even more enjoyable to read about. Jenna was definitely an interesting character, and I loved her and her inner dialogue!Reece…where do I even start? This boy literally captivated my heart from the first time Jenna saw him. If I didn’t love Jenna and him together so much, I’d want him for myself! He is confident but not in a really annoying, overly cocky way. He is sweet without being mushy and gushy. He is very smart but he didn’t act pretentious at all. He knows how to say the best things at the perfect time. He wasn’t scared by Jenna’s craziness because he genuinely wanted to be with her. He was just so cute! :)Grace, Jenna’s best friend, was a character I had to come around to. She was a classic girl who finally got the attention of the super hot guy and acted as such. But she eventually got better. Mike, Grace’s boyfriend, was funny and obnoxious, and Jenna really hated him. But I was pleasantly surprised by how he ended up. Both Jenna and Reece’s parents were a conundrum. Her parents took sometime warming up to Reece, but his put on a nice façade but really didn’t care what Reece wanted in life, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. I can’t figure out my thoughts on Reece’s ex-best friend, Tyler. I don’t know what his motives are at all.I felt the plot was centered around Jenna and Reece’s romance development. It moved pretty quickly, but the love between the two was palpable. There were some hints about what is to come in Breaking Waves, and I think there will be some more action. The romance was so intense! I feel that is the best way to describe it. If these two aren’t soul mates, I don’t know who is. I want them to have their happy ever after so bad! Danielle’s writing is familiar and very easy to relate to. Jenna’s thoughts were all over the place, but very real.I am so excited to already have Breaking Waves. The name makes me sad though. I don’t want their hearts to break! I’m going to start right now!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: His lips were hot against mine. Softly, deftly, they traced a path across the length of my jaw, down my neck, waking nerve cells I never knew I had. His hands scorched the skin on my stomach just under my top. With every new sensation he helped me discover, a new surge of electricity coursed through my veins making me think I would spontaneously combust. I lost all restraint and reason.Rating: 4/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)