theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Divergent  - Veronica Roth I read this book a couple months ago, and I absolutely had to reread it to review it because it is that amazing.Beatrice, or Tris as she renames herself, lives in Abnegation, the selfless faction. When it comes down to the day to pick between staying with her family in Abnegation or switching factions to either Dauntless the brave, Erudite the intelligent, Amity the peaceful, or Candor the honest, she has the toughest decision of her life. She has tried to live selflessly for 16 years, and she’s just not sure she can do it anymore.Dauntless initiation is nothing like Tris expected. With the straining endurance competitions, the trippy emotional simulations, and the terrifying fear landscape, Tris has to muster up the courage to excel over her other initiates to receive a place as a member.Tris is amazing! She is a small and mousy girl of 16 who is severely underestimated during the initiation. She lets people underestimate her so they do not see her as a great competitor. It really works to her advantage in the long fun. She never gives up, even when facing the seemingly impossible. Four is a hot, badass instructor who trains the new initiates. While he seems cold to Tris at first, he really cares for her and I love seeing how sweet he is. He also does not baby her, like many men do, because he realizes her strength, even when she does not herself. Their romance is played perfectly.The secondary characters are well written as well. It is interesting how each Dauntless initiate acts based on which faction they grew up in. I actually did not like Christina super well; I thought she was selfish and annoying and she could never shut up. I did feel bad for her later on (you will see why). I liked Will and Uriah a lot more; they were really good friends to Tris. Al was a puzzling character to say the least. Peter, Molly, and Drew are the mean initiates who prey on the seemingly weak. They all get what they deserve. I loved Tris’s mom! She surprised me the most! The leaders of the different factions, like Eric, Max, Marcus, and Jeanine, are much different than they seem at first glance…The setting and storyline of this book was very original and never was boring. There are a couple twists that I definitely did not see coming! The romance was amazing and one of my favorite parts of the book without being too overpowering. This is by far my favorite dystopian series ever! I am itching to read Insurgent, which I am starting as soon as I post this review! Look for my review of Insurgent later this week!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: “I might be in love with you.” He smiles a little. “I’m waiting until I’m sure to tell you, though.”“That’s sensible of you,” I say, smiling too. “We should find some paper so you can make a list or a chart or something.”I feel his laughter against my side, his nose sliding along my jaw, his lips pressing behind my ear.“Maybe I’m already sure,” he says, “and I just don’t want to frighten you.”I laugh a little. “Then you should know better.”“Fine,” he says. “Then I love you.”Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See review at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com!