theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Deadly Kisses

Deadly Kisses (Book One of the Deadly Darkness Trilogy) - Kerri Cuevas I definitely love reaper books. They have a certain appeal to them, and, combined with a male POV, Deadly Kisses was such a cute book!Aiden is a reaper for Abe Lincoln. No seriously. That Abe. After dying 2 years ago, he was granted the kiss of death, and he’s pretty darn good at it. That is, until he receives an assignment to kill his childhood love, Bee. Bee is the only girl he’s ever loved, and he’s the only girl he’d give up his existence for. Turns out that this assignment is much harder than he ever expected since his kiss of death fails. There seems to be something special about Bee, and the Ancient Grim Reapers want her for their own agenda. Can Aiden save Bee from dying, and will he have to sacrifice himself to do so?I really like Aiden. He had a horrible childhood, but he definitely was a trooper. He carried much guilt from the night he died, and I just really wanted to hug him all the time. He is super protective, which is just about the best trait you can find in a guy. I liked his sense of humor and his ability to lighten any dark situation.Bee was such a kind person. I really can’t say anything bad about her. She would give up everything to save her family. I felt so bad for her, and her sweetness did not warrant everything that was handed to her. In the face of adversity, she was very brave.Jaleb, Bee’s brother, was such an adorable brother. I loved that he was so caring and defensive towards Aiden since he did not want Bee hurt. Abe was such a cool boss. If I was a teenage boy who died and became a reaper, I would want Abraham Lincoln as my mentor. I mean, that would be so dang cool. Reina, a fellow reaper, was pretty annoying at the beginning, but I liked her at the end.The plot was pretty much non-stop action. There was always something happening, and I was always racing to keep kept up. I loved that the book was in Aiden’s POV. It’s always definitely special reading from a males perspective. I just wish the romance was developed a bit more. Sometimes I couldn’t figure out how their relationship got from point A to point B. I also wish we could have gotten more insight into both of their feelings before he died. In spite of this, they had some super cute moments together, and the ending was just about perfect!The ending wrapped up wonderfully, and I was sad to see Aiden and Bee go. Reaper books are always pretty amazing, especially with Honest Abe!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: My brain went to static as her lips devoured mine. I parted them, bringing my tongue deep inside her mouth—vanilla. The delicious taste sent me to probe and explore.
Her fingers twisted, clutching the collar of my cloak. Her heart raced, pulsating through my veins. I pulled her into me until I could feel her body against mine. Hip to hip—soul to soul. We were chocolate slowly warming, melting into sweet goo.Rating: 3.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)