theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Half-Blood (Covenant Series #1)

Half-Blood - Jennifer L. Armentrout This book is a classic JLA book. It’s full of swoon-worthy guys and lots of action!One thing that was very unique to this book is the lore. I loved the myths behind the Hematoi, descendants of the gods, and their relation to Greek mythology. It is one of my majors after all. J The pure-bloods have godlike powers and can harness the four elements. The half-bloods are trained to be either Sentinels, or daimon fighters, guardians of pure-bloods, or servants. To add a kicker, half-bloods and pures absolutely cannot engage in relationships, no matter what. This world will suck you in and leave you wanting more!The plot is exciting and will keep your eyes glued to the paper. After 3 years of being on the move with her mother, Alex is finally back with the Hematoi and safety of the Covenant. She has to wiggle herself back in the good graces of the Dean, her uncle, so she does not become subjected to becoming a servant. She has to learn how to fight the daimons, the ‘super bad’ guys who feed off of the pure-blood’s souls.Alex is such a strong heroine; she fights with all she’s got and is very feisty, especially against authority. She is a self-proclaimed bad ass and thinks she can conquer the world without any help. Meet Aiden, the absolutely yummy pure that is assigned to help her rein in her passion to train her to become a Sentinel. Long workouts in the gym, sweaty combat practice… it all leads to a wonderful FORBIDDEN attraction. Aren’t all the best relationships forbidden? Aiden is so responsible and practical, but also will do anything to protect Alex.I loved Caleb, Alex’s best friend. It was so refreshing reading about a male best friend who was absolutely trustworthy and awesome. Enter potential love triangle participant Seth. He is the Apollyon, the only half-blood who can harness the elements, and who has a ‘connection’ to Alex (I can’t say anymore than that)!I cannot wait to read the second book, Pure; I’m sure it’ll be just as captivating and amazing!5/5 Tar Heels!To see review, go to www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com!