theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

The Liberator: The Collector 2 (Dante Walker)

The Liberator - Victoria Scott This book was received from the YA Bound tours in exchange for an honest review.The Collector was one of my most anticipated reads of 2013 and it was amazing (read review here.) Dante Walker is a sexy enigma and how I wish he was my man!Dante had so much growth in this book it was astonishing. Yeah yeah he is still the same snarky guy who has the best inner monologue ever (“His tampon must be killing him.”) but he has changed so much. He’s a one-woman man now and forever and everything he does is for Charlie. He still may struggle for balance between his life as a collector and as a liberator, but I think he does a great job.Charlie also changed a lot, and sometimes not for the best. But I knew the reasons behind her changes, so I could overlook them. She’s still the same sweet girl everyone loved from The Collector. I love her selfless self and her need to do good for everyone. She sees the good in Dante and makes him a better guy. Charlie has also grown stronger in this installment and she’s pretty kick-ass.When I saw the synopsis for The Liberator, my heart fell. I thought, “Oh nooooo. A dreaded love triangle.” Butttt y’all have nothing to be worried about. Thank goodness. Aspen is really a great character. Rough around the edges like Dante, she has a great heart and it is so evident in the choices she makes. I love Annabelle, Grams, and Max just as much as I did in the last book. The secondary characters are just as amazing as the main ones, and I care equally about their storylines, which is irregular but so important for me in a book.The plot starts out after the aftermath of book one and quickly accumulates into a perfect blend of action and down time. I absolutely adore being in Dante’s head. He is so hilarious but sweet at the same time. His thoughts about Charlie break my heart and then immediately repair it. They are precious. Their romance is brought to the next level and oh my, let me tell you, it was smokin’! Definitely one of the hottest YA books I’ve ever read.I think I know the title of book 3 and I know it’ll be an intense conclusion. So many questions and too long of a wait! If you haven’t read The Collector yet, what are you waiting for????? POW!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: Her lips move against mine, hesitantly at first, then with hunger. My heart hammers when I grasp that she’s not going to pull away this time. I place both hands around her waist and pull her closer. I lose myself in the taste of her lips. Her hair spills over her shoulder, and I breathe in the sweet blossom smell as I trail kisses down her neck. Charlie circles her arms around my neck and leans into me as a fire builds in the pit of my stomach. I feel her fingers digging into my back, and a low moan escapes my mouth as she brushes her hands over my chest, my hips, and just below the waistband of my jeans.Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)