theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

My Favorite Mistake

My Favorite Mistake - Chelsea M. Cameron Well, as much as I love new adult, I feel that there are very similar plotlines that grace many of the new adult novels. Unfortunately this one didn’t stand out to me at all.Taylor Caldwell gets a huge shock when she realizes her new roommate is sexy Hunter Zaccadelli. Immediately they butt heads over every single thing and they start a bet that Hunter will move out when Taylor either truly loves or truly hates him. As they start spending more time together, Taylor realizes that there is more to Hunter than she ever thought but can she trust him to keep her biggest secret?Taylor was a really unlikeable heroine. The whole book she was prickly and just not really nice at all. I couldn’t understand why she outright automatically started to dislike Hunter. Yeah she had trust issues and a bad past, but I just couldn’t get over her attitude to actually feel bad for her. I also thought she was extremely whiny. I cannot stand when girls are like “I’m so messed up. I can’t love or be loved by anyone. Wahhhh.” Clearly, I didn’t like Taylor a bit.Hunter was definitely better and more likeable than Taylor. Yes, he could be a complete tool at sometime but at least he was upfront about his feelings about Taylor and not in denial the whole time. I did think that he has some cute hobbies, such as cooking (totally adorbs) and playing the guitar. I usually fall like the bad boys, but he was a stereotypical bad boy that I couldn’t really remember once I finished the book.I actually liked the secondary characters. Their roommates were funny and I enjoyed the healthy relationships they were a part of. Hunter’s family was also really sweet.And the plot? The bet? Totally didn’t get it. I didn’t find it believable whatsoever. I also thought that I had read this book a million times before and there was nothing special about the sad girl and the misunderstood bad boy story in this book. The romance, which usually is my favorite part, was one of the worst parts, so I felt really let down. I didn’t feel convinced that they felt for each other at all due to the insane amounts of ups and downs they went through.As much as I wanted to like this book, and trust me, I really did, I really did not. Hopefully you’ll have more luck than me.Rating: 2.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)