theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Insight: 1

Insight - Jolene Perry This book was received from the author in exchange for an honest review.I have heard so many great things about Jolene Perry, so I was so excited to start this book. It has such an amazing premise, and I adored the cute romance!Micah can see into someone’s future or past just by touching them. She feels this ability is a burden and a curse, especially when she feels guilty over the death of a classmate. For this reason, she keeps people at an arm’s length and never lets anyone get close to her, save her mother. When she meets Landon, she senses him falling for her, and pushes him away until she can no more. When she finally lets Landon in, she senses she is being watched by shadows in the forest. Together, can Landon and Micah stay safe and prevent the horrific future of a close loved one?Micah was really hard to like to begin with. I did feel bad for the horrible responsibility that she had to the people whose futures she saw. In order to keep people away, she was cranky and mean to those around her, but I don’t blame her. She really did not have anyone understand the real her her whole life, and I can even being to understand how hard that must be. When she let Landon in, she changed into a completely different person, which was so nice to see. I did enjoy her snarky comments though, and I totally love her name!Landon was definitely the opposite of Micah, in more than one way. He was charismatic, charming, friendly to everyone around him, and totally gorgeous. But Micah changed him as well. He used to run around with different girls, but Micah transformed him into a devoted, one-woman man. He was so sweet to her and really got her craziness, which was exactly what she needed.Micah’s mom was pretty much the coolest mom ever. She loved Micah so much and trusted her explicitly. I also loved her dad. Although he wasn’t around much, he was always there for her and understood exactly what she was going through. I feel a little sketchy about Landon’s dad, Senator Michaels. He was way too interested in Micah’s gift. I’m sure we will see him in Manipuation.The plot was the downfall of this book for me. I thought it built up really well, but I was disappointed by the way it progressed. The way Perry described the shadows and Micah’s paranoia about her gift being discovered, I was expecting a big action scene or climax, but I didn’t find that. Despite this, I found Micah and Landon to be perfect for each other. Micah needed someone to confide in about her gift, and Landon needed someone to ground him. I took a while for Micah to let him in, but once she did, it worked out wonderfully. I loved Landon’s determination to keep Micah safe.All in all, this was a really enjoyable read, and I am SO looking forward to hearing Addison and Dean’s story.Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: My arms pull on him. We need to be closer. I felt his feelings, I trust him. He kisses me again, more certain this time. Our kiss deepens and it’s exciting and exhilarating and my nerves are dancing hoping I’m doing this right. Wanting more. Wishing I could still feel what he feels.Rating: 3.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)