theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Off Sides (Off Series, #1)

Off Sides (Off Series, #1) - Sawyer Bennett A review copy was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.When I was given the chance to review this book, I immediately said yes with no hesitation. I was drawn in by the synopsis because of a couple things: NA, smexy romance, and hockey! I’ve played for at least 10 years, so it is certainly a book very close to my heart. And let me tell you, this book was completely amazing!Ryan Burnham and Danny Cross come from opposite ends of the world. Ryan grew up very fortunate as a son of congressman, and Danny’s parents have died and she now works 2 jobs, volunteers, and attends college part-time. Ryan is an excellent hockey player for his school’s team, and he has aspirations for playing in the NHL, but his parents will have none of that. When they meet, sparks ignite, but nothing is easy for them. With everyone standing in their way, can they have their well deserved happily ever after?I love Danny so much. She’s pretty quirky with purple hair and facial piercings, but she is a total sweetheart. She is forever putting everyone else ahead of her own happiness, which is especially evident with her volunteering in the soup kitchen. I hate how much she has had to give up in her life, but she is so strong and resilient and basically never gives up. Ryan is so damn adorable. He has grown up beyond privileged, but he doesn’t let that shape him into his awful parents. He has his own mind, which is really important when dating a girl really different from him. He is very good looking and charming, and he’s a hockey player! Since I date one, I have such a soft spot. :) My goodness Ryan is so sweet to Danny. He gives her the world since she is his world. As much as I like Danny and Ryan, I really can’t say the same for most of the other characters. Angeline, Ryan’s frightening ex, was a really mean and shallow person. Please, get a freakin’ hint. You are desperate and annoying. Go away. I also loathed Ryan’s mother with a passion. She had no regard for Ryan’s happiness, and she couldn’t care less that Danny was what made him happy. She’s a cold-hearted bitch. Ughhhh. Emily, Ryan’s sister, irked me at first but redeemed herself at the end. I am beyond psyched for her book, Off Limits! But I really loved Paula, Danny's friend. Dang she is feisty.Bennett’s writing is so relatable. She had me laughing out loud at both Danny and Ryan’s inner thoughts. I also loved that I got both of their POV’s. They had so many people and obstacles standing in their way, but that did not stop them from seeking the happiness they both so deserved. Danny and Ryan fell so fast and hard, and it was perfect. They had a powerful, all-consuming love. I had to fan myself many-a-time when reading their sexy time scenes. They were pretty great. :) But what’s more is they had so much love between them.NA is quickly becoming some of my favorite books ever, and this certainly was a winner! I completely recommend it to anyone!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: Our lips meet softly…nothing more than a whisper against each other. Moving to my cheek with his other hand, Ryan holds both sides of my head and presses into me. His tongue slides gently into my mouth and at the first contact, a groan bubbles up from my chest. My hands involuntarily fist in his shirt and I attempt to get even close to him. I am being swallowed by his kiss and it’s all I can do to hang on.Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)