theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - This second book in Veronica Roth’s Divergent series absolutely did not disappoint! Full of action and romance, I could not put this book down!Divergent Spoilers Present: The book starts out exactly where the first one ended. Tris, Four, and others are searching for refuge after the Erudite attacked the Abnegation. While they are not sure of the reason for the attack, they must regroup and stay strong. Faced with obstacles that seem to be never-ending, Tris and Four must find the reason for the attack as well as find enough forces to seek revenge.Tris has grown a lot in this second book; she is definitely not the same girl she was earlier. She has to deal with grief in this book, and it is really hard for her. I felt for her all the time, but she really pushed through and was equally as strong in this book.Tris and Four’s relationship really evolved in this installment. They have trust issues when they decide to withhold information from each other, and they don’t see eye to eye on some of the decisions that they both make. But they never cease to love each other fully and completely.All of the secondary characters really grew in this book as well. They are all multi-dimensional and so very, very real. I felt Christina grew more mature in this installment, and I really appreciated that. I still love Uriah! Readers will learn more about Tris’s families background, as well as more insight into Four’s family! Many characters will surprise you in good and bad ways.The writing is amazing as usual, and my eyes were glued to the page all the time. It was unputdownable! After the horribleawfulmademecryoutinagonydidn’tseethatcoming cliffhanger, I will be counting the days down until the untitled 3rd installment comes out. Go read Diverent, the first book in the series, NOW! I couldn’t recommend this series any more!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: “You’re too important to just… die.” He shakes his head. He won’t even look at me-his eyes keep shifting across my face, to the wall behind me or the ceiling above me, to everything but me. I am too stunned to be angry.“I’m not important. Everyone will do just fine without me,” I say.“Who cares about everyone? What about me?”He lowers his head into his hand, covering his eyes. His fingers are trembling.Then he crosses the room in two long strides and touches his lips to mine. Their gentle pressure erases the past few months, and I am the girl who sat on the rocks next to the chasm, with river spray on her ankles, and kissed him for the first time. I am the girl who grabbed his hand in the hallway just because I wanted to.See review at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com!