theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
The Collector - Victoria Scott This was one of my most anticipated reads of 2013, and I was so stoked when it released early! Pretty much the greatest surprise ever when I had a hard math test that day. It was so refreshing reading from a boy’s point of view, especially Dante!Dante is the greatest collector for the Boss Man and he knows it. The Boss Man has been wary of Dante’s skills lately, I mean which is completely bogus. As such, he assigns Dante to collect Charlie Cooper’s soul. C’mon, how hard can it be since he’s the best? What he doesn’t expect is the train wreck that is Charlie. Socially awkward, on the wrong side of puberty, Charlie is also the sweetest girl to ever exist. Can Charlie manage to change Dante for the better before his time is up?Oh my Dante. Hands down a new favorite book boyfriend. At first, Dante is all about looks and a bit shallow. He is freakin’ hilarious, and I can just tell he has a heart of gold, even in the beginning. He is protective and kind, and I just wanna hug him so hard. Many times. And kiss. Many times. Ahem. *clears throat* :) But really, he was pretty perfect. There is no one else like Dante Walker.Charlie was such a different heroine than every single heroine I’ve ever encountered. She is really kind of tragic in the looks department. She has bad skin, a limp, clumsy social skills, and lanky hair. To say the least, she is not a looker. But seriously, this is chick is a complete sweetheart. She loves with all her heart and is the best best friend a person could have. I most definitely want her as mine!The supporting cast was also superb. I loved Charlie and Dante’s friends, Max, Annabelle, and Blue. They were all loyal and adorable. Blue was quiet and reserved, but oh gosh I could tell how much he cared for Charlie. By far, he was my favorite. I heart Charlie’s grandmother so much. She is most definitely not your typical grandmother in any way.The plot was so wonderful. It was completely unique, and I loved every second of it. I have never read a book about soul collectors, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I was engrossed the whole time, and I even found myself reading it during class. I physically couldn’t stop. The writing was one of the best parts of this book. I love a great male POV, and this was an exemplary example of that. Dante was a breath of fresh air, and I really am already craving more. As much as I loved the characters and the writing, the romance was hands down the best part of book. Dante is an amazing guy, even though he really didn’t show it at first. But Charlie saw through his façade right from the beginning. They are most definitely a perfect match.Possibly the greatest news ever is that The Liberator is releasing later this year so I don’t have to wait so long. I really can’t wait for some more of Dante. Oh, and one more thing, Dante is mine! #VMafia forever!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: I grab her thighs and hoist her up, and she wraps her legs around me. Fumbling toward a tree, I press her back against it and push toward her, my hips locking against hers. An animalistic groan escapes my throat as I kiss her harder, deeper. I trail my lips down her neck and along her collarbone, and Charlie softly moans. Then I bury my head against her chest and take her in – her smell, her chest rising and falling. The wild thumping of her heart.Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)