theelbibliobabe

Tar Heel Bibliobabe

Reviews books at tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com from a southern collegiate perspective. BIG fan of Cassandra Clare and Jennifer L. Armentrout. "And why do we fail Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
M. Leighton
Ethan - P.T. Michelle This book was received by the author in exchange for an honest review.I absolutely adored Brightest Kind of Darkness, and it was even the first book I reviewed on the blog, so it holds a super special place in my heart. (See review here!) I’ve always wanted to get inside Ethan’s head, so when I realized an Ethan prequel was to be released, I felt my prayers had been answered!In this novella, we get a sense of Ethan’s life before he meets Nara. He has his vivid, frightening nightmares every single night, and he has recently been expelled by his high school. He begins to work at an animal shelter, using his deep connection with animals. When he starts school, he sees Nara and he feels an overwhelming sense of calmness he has never felt before. He’s beyond intrigued by Nara and vows to get to know her.Ethan is kind of a loner. He has had a horrible home life, and he lives with his brother. He is the epitome of misunderstood. All he wants in his life is to be loved for who he is and nothing more. He may come off as a jerk to everyone around him, but he has a heart of gold. It was so sweet seeing his interactions with the animals. I saw a new side of Ethan that really put him in a new light. When he saw Nara, he felt the darkness leave him and her brightness fill him. It was so sweet watching him get all protective of her when he hadn’t even said a word to her.I loved hearing Ethan’s thoughts, and I think it really added to my love for this series! We already had Ethan’s story from what he tells Nara in BKoD, but it was a different experience actually hearing his thoughts.Ethan was definitely a quick read, and it enhanced to my love of the BKoD series and of Ethan. This is definitely a unique series, and P.T. proved that in this novella!Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: The way I’ve begun to feel about Nara scares me. After only a few days, I sense the moment she enters the room. I don’t even have to look up. It doesn’t matter that a roomful of people separate us, I’m suddenly more alert and my heart starts racing. She still calms me, but in a peaceful, clearing my head kind of way.Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!See more reviews at www.tarheelbibliobabe.blogspot.com! :)